HELP! Think she has blocked nostrils!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedbobbi

I just took in a bearded dragon about a week ago that was not properly taken care of as in too cold and not the right food she was too skinny and I don’t think the previous owners cared as much. I don’t know a lot about them but I’m trying my best but I’ve seen videos of people pulling blocked shed out of their noses and I noticed that it looked like she had severely blocked nostrils. I tried to get them out and it really looks like boogers are in there when I tried but it’s super dry and could not get it out. I’m worried I hurt her cause I caused it to bleed slightly because I finally was able to grab a bit of it with the tweezers but it started to bleed slightly. I stopped and I’m worried I injured her.
110913-9817383666.jpg
110913-8002496417.jpg
110913-9662129245.jpg
110913-6583245583.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears that the nostril is going to shed soon. It will cause the nostril to look like it is all
clogged up. In essence, it is clogged up, but once the shed is ready to come off, there will
be a "nose plug" come out.
Is she eating well since you brought her home?

Tracie

beardedbobbi

Original Poster
Drache613":1weu14o2 said:
Hello,

It appears that the nostril is going to shed soon. It will cause the nostril to look like it is all
clogged up. In essence, it is clogged up, but once the shed is ready to come off, there will
be a "nose plug" come out.
Is she eating well since you brought her home?

Tracie

Thank you for replying! I think I’m going to try to take her to a vet tomorrow to get her a check up. She didn’t seem too mad at me as earlier tonight she was laying on me for a long time. And yes she came with dried mealworms which she would not eat and after a little research it made me mad that that was all they gave to me to feed her. So I got her live black soldier fly larvae and Dubai roaches as well as feeding her salads. She loves the bugs and eats her salads but I’m finding she doesn’t like fruit all that much. She likes the veggies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thats good - fruit should be fed sparingly any way and its great shes eating her veggies and nice choice on the insects - make sure your dusting those insects ONCE per feeding w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding -- you can rinse the salads before serving so she gets moisture or hydration as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom