Dragon on back

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is weird- the 22" bulb should fit in the 24" fixture-- please take the screen and place it half on or 3/4 on take the UVB place it width wise on one end so the UVB is unobstructed- you can have the screen butted up to the UVB fixture w/ basking lamp next to it - you need the distance for the UVB 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- the 5.0 is not strong enough to go thru the screen it's blocking 30% of the rays-- do this till the new bulb comes then post back on here so we can get it properly placed for the T 5 bulb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Deb,

Did the Reptisun 10 T5 tube bulb come in for you yet? I completely agree. Getting the
correct lighting is challenging but once you do get it right, then you can leave it that way for
awhile.
Is he still improving I hope? Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

newbeardiegma

Original Poster
Drache613":2r8q7j9l said:
Hello Deb,

Did the Reptisun 10 T5 tube bulb come in for you yet?
Is he still improving I hope? Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Thanks for checking in! I posted an update yesterday with pictures, but you have to go back to page 1 of this thread to see it :)

The replacement 10 T5 bulb has been shipped. Should have it by Monday.
I am going to arrange the current UVB without screen as was suggested.
He's very alert this morning. Still dragging his back legs, but moving around anyway.
Here's the status picture from yesterday:
94982-5805169446.jpg

Deb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for updating on the pictures! How are things going today?
I hope he is feeling better now. I think organizing your UVB lighting without a screen sounds
like a great idea, let us know how that works out.

Tracie

newbeardiegma

Original Poster
Update: We are still trying to get his lighting worked out. So far we have purchased 4 bulbs which are supposed to fit the hood, but none of them do. We contacted ZooMed directly and they confirmed that they did have a manufacturing issue where one run of the bulbs was too long for the fixture. So they are shipping us bulbs directly from the manufacturer. We should have those by Wednesday. In the meantime we are using double fixtures/lights to increase the UVB. Aztec is his cheerful self, but he's still dragging the back legs somewhat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
oh my well at least you got it straightened out-- this is the first I have heard of this happening - but I am glad you reported it so they know and if this comes up again we can help the person thats also having issues -- thanks for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom