Orange poop?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Orange poop?

Postby Gingerofthenight » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:50 am

My beardie mochi just pooped and I noticed it was kind of orange. I fed her some yams yesterday I don't think she ate very many and I think it might just be that but I want to ask for a second opinion anyway to make sure it's not blood. She seems normal other than this
Here's a picture of it (ew)
[Click image to enlarge]
Gingerofthenight
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Orange poop?

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:19 am

Could be the yams -- are you feeding calcium and how much? That usually effects the urate giving a orange tinge to it as well
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Gingerofthenight » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:33 am

KarrieRee wrote:Could be the yams -- are you feeding calcium and how much? That usually effects the urate giving a orange tinge to it as well

I dust some of her crickets with calcium every time I feed her crickets which is like may be 3 times a week
Gingerofthenight
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:57 am

So I am thinking its the yams --- watch the poop for the next few days and see if it changes - if it still persist w/ NOT feeding the yams then it maybe the calcium but I am leaning more towards the yams
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Gingerofthenight » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:01 pm

KarrieRee wrote:So I am thinking its the yams --- watch the poop for the next few days and see if it changes - if it still persist w/ NOT feeding the yams then it maybe the calcium but I am leaning more towards the yams

I think it's probably the yams too but I wanted to see what other people think. Im gonna stop feeding her them for a while and see if it stops
Gingerofthenight
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:31 am

Hello,

Discoloration of urates is a very common occurrence. It is most likely due to the yams, but
taking them out of his diet for a short while will determine that.
Oversupplementation can sometimes cause the orange tint of urates, too. Which vitamins do
you use?

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER