Tiny black spots on body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! It’s been a long time since i’ve been here, but recently and my baby as getting older and growing, i noticed these black like speckles that are beginning to appear and i’m really scared about it.
107208-4082464236.jpg
they are even starting to appear in the back and body
107208-49812068.jpg
Even though he looks unhappy in the pictures, the spots do not change based on mood. He doesn’t flinch when their touched. and he’s eating and pooping and acting normally. (However a few of the beard scales do look slightly mistaken so that may have been early she’d. But he’s also been Glass surfing all the time recently and even though he’s out constantly he still wants out more!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
do they keep on appearing or are they just getting larger :?: as he grows bc my baby has a few on his chin and the vet checked it out and it turns out that it just markings :!: so what I think it is since you said it changes color most likely its markings and also it could be from stress has anything different /change of diet or anything else happen to be able to stress him out which could be another reason for the glass surfing :) i could be wrong but you should wait till Tracie comes on here :blob8: but I highly recommend taking him to the vet if they keep appearing :) but do they look like bugs bc it could also be mites? just wait till Tracie comes on here she will give u a better idea! :)

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
chestermymunchkin":ayt2qkud said:
do they keep on appearing or are they just getting larger :?: as he grows bc my baby has a few on his chin and the vet checked it out and it turns out that it just markings :!: so what I think it is since you said it changes color most likely its markings and also it could be from stress has anything different /change of diet or anything else happen to be able to stress him out which could be another reason for the glass surfing :) i could be wrong but you should wait till Tracie comes on here :blob8: but I highly recommend taking him to the vet if they keep appearing :) but do they look like bugs bc it could also be mites? just wait till Tracie comes on here she will give u a better idea! :)
They do actually, he’s been getting more recently, however they ones that he has are not getting any bigger, he’s just getting more of them?? And also he’s been in mating season recently so he always wants out so he can mate with our other lizard.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
CrunchyBeardedBaby":kleq5c4c said:
chestermymunchkin":kleq5c4c said:
They do actually, he’s been getting more recently, however they ones that he has are not getting any bigger, he’s just getting more of them?? And also he’s been in mating season recently so he always wants out so he can mate with our other lizard.

can you try crushing them you should be able to crush them if they are mites :?:

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
chestermymunchkin":3ibfb8ap said:
CrunchyBeardedBaby":3ibfb8ap said:
chestermymunchkin":3ibfb8ap said:

can you try crushing them you should be able to crush them if they are mites :?:
No they are not mites, i know that for sure. I take great care of my lizard and he’s my absolute child so I would deffiently know if he has bugs on him. Thank you for your idea though!!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes very understandable but there is always a possibility! you cant keep them safe all the time sadly but you should always make sure! sadly I take care of my baby and make sure nothing happens to him but sadly I got him with coccidia and we are struggling to remove it we've already tried 2 medications and no improvements :oops: but hopefully he just has stress marks/or maybe just his color just wait for Tracy shell know more than me!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They don't look like mites to me. They just look like dark pigments of skin which are typically harmless. If you observe them, do they become more visible at times based on the skin shade? (more pronounced when basking and lighter colored skin for example).

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1fom6q6l said:
They don't look like mites to me. They just look like dark pigments of skin which are typically harmless. If you observe them, do they become more visible at times based on the skin shade? (more pronounced when basking and lighter colored skin for example).
They do become more visible yes, it also seems that the more he sheds, the more he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom