Dented / Discoloured Scales on Belly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekrolum

Hey everyone was hoping you guys could shed some light on this for me. Some of his scales on his belly and underside of tail have come to look indented or discolored, and I'm hoping it isnt Yellow Fungus in early stages. Do you guys think it may be the case?

He is roughly 1.5 years old and hasn't done a body shed in a while; appetite is fine, loves to hunt down his dubias... has had 0 contact with any other bearded dragon.

110857-7518894076.jpg

110857-983753694.jpg

I'll be taking him to a vet tomorrow for a check up, and while there I'll get their opinion as well. Was hoping to gather some opinions here as well, though.

nekrolum

Original Poster
SandP":vte9z5zl said:
Not yellow fungus and nothing at all to worry about
I appreciate the feedback, feel a bit better. Can you tell me what you think it is then? His belly is normally a nice full soft white, its very cute haha.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look like yellow fungus to me either. It seems to be relatively common for them to have some oddly colored or dented looking scales along their bellies. Sometimes they change with sheds. It doesn't seem to cause an issue for them at all, but I'm not sure what the cause is except perhaps genetics.

nekrolum

Original Poster
CooperDragon":17citef8 said:
It doesn't look like yellow fungus to me either. It seems to be relatively common for them to have some oddly colored or dented looking scales along their bellies. Sometimes they change with sheds. It doesn't seem to cause an issue for them at all, but I'm not sure what the cause is except perhaps genetics.

Great news, thank you for the input! How do I close a thread?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't need to take any action to close a thread. Eventually it will archive on its own after a period of inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom