Swollen Toe (kind of pink)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Reflagging to AHBD and Tracie--- make sure your getting your UVB up to par that coil is NO good and the Thrive uvb bulb is not any good either --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's probably just a little sprain, might have been caught in the hammock. It will most likely heal on it's own but if it gets worse you can have a qualified reptile vet look at it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it is most likely a sprain by perhaps catching the toe on the hammock. I don't
think it is gout or anything like that currently.
You could get some unpasteurized honey to put on that toe if needed. Does it seem to
be bothering her?

Tracie

ChrisCow

Original Poster
Drache613":3tcq71g5 said:
Hello,

I agree, it is most likely a sprain by perhaps catching the toe on the hammock. I don't
think it is gout or anything like that currently.
You could get some unpasteurized honey to put on that toe if needed. Does it seem to
be bothering her?

Tracie

It doesn't seem to be bothering her, everyday I've been touching to to see how it feels compared to the other toes and if it's hurting her but she isn't showing any signs. I also removed the old hammock and replaced it.
I've had her for about 2 weeks now and it doesn't seem to be getting better or worse.

ChrisCow

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ougq8k4 said:
Reflagging to AHBD and Tracie--- make sure your getting your UVB up to par that coil is NO good and the Thrive uvb bulb is not any good either --

Yes! I'm waiting for my new bulbs to come in and for a new tube light fixture as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When you get the new UVB please post back here so I can help you get it placed in the tank - depending on the screen and the T 5 or T 8 that you got they have certain distance and placements

ChrisCow

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1mwztxhf said:
When you get the new UVB please post back here so I can help you get it placed in the tank - depending on the screen and the T 5 or T 8 that you got they have certain distance and placements

Okay I will! I'm pretty sure i ordered an 18" T8 but I'll update when everything comes in

NandF

If you look at my past post, mine had something similar. I never figured out the cause and it’s been years now. It didn’t change and it never bothered her.

ChrisCow

Original Poster
Here's a mini update: the toe was getting better and the swelling started to go down but then it got worse, im planning on taking her to a vet bc I think its infected now, its VERY swollen in half the toe

110844-1107231896.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom