Something is seriously wrong with my beardie Shrek

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinbuckhouse

I bought 2 bearded dragons around Christmas and they both seemed very healthy. The female, Princess Fiona, is a little older than the male by 3 months. One day I was watching Shrek and notice a little pin prick it seemed with a dot of blood. Several days later he was dragging his foot and it was limp. 3 more days later it turned black and is just limp and he drags it. I have photos if someone could tell me where or how to send them in the forum, and would like some Emergency advice as to what it is and what I need to do. Thank you-
110831-1312070559.jpg
110831-5489321495.jpg

Kevin in San Diego

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
GET your dragon to a vet NOW ------ www.arav.org
If your dragons are housed together separate them ASAP----- but your dragon needs immediate attention----- I posted a website to find a reptile vet in your area ---- dont go to a regular vet this requires a reptile vet who knows what they are doing

SPandS

Juvie Member
Are they in the same tank or have they been able to be around each other unsupervised? If they are in the same tank remove one of them now. That arm needs to be seen by a vet and they will more than likely have to amputate it. It looks like it was maybe bitten and is now dead from not being treated. If the arm isn't removed the infection can move all the way up and eventually kill the dragon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, that looks like it will need amputation. An experienced vet can handle this and once healed, they can do very well with a missing limb and have a good life. As mentioned, it's important to move on this quickly in order to stop infection from spreading throughout their body.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
loljelloclowdz":21znj788 said:
Shouldn't your first thought be to go to the vet instead of asking strangers on the internet? That limb is crispy.
ikr if my bearde had the slightest cut from another pet it is going to the vet ASAP i cant imagine waiting that long and not doing anything about it it angered me soooooooo much :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom