A few issues - possible stuck shed / rotting. Please help.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

A few issues - possible stuck shed / rotting. Please help.

Postby katerina » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:07 am

Hello, my Bearded Dragon Wafer has a few issues that I believe need addressing. I have had him for about a year and he is my first ever reptile. In the past 2 months he has had 2 small spots on his arm that look bad. At first, I thought they came from falling on a fake succulent (which I promptly removed from his terrarium) but they have not healed. They don't hurt him when I touch him, he walks on it fine, and nothing comes off when I bathe him. I have attached pictures below. I've looked up rot, bites, fungus, etc. but nothing seems to match. He has shed the skin a few times but it remains. I have also included his care below.

The other issue he might have is stuck shed, but I'm also not sure. A few spots on his body look like stuck shed, but no amount of warm baths seems to change it. Like the other spots, it does not hurt him when I touch it. I've also attached pictures for that.

Diet: Kale and Collard regularly, about 6 days a week. Dubias (about 3/4 dusted in Repashy Superfood Calcium Plus and the other 1/4 dusted in Zoo Med's Reptivite Vitamins with D3.) He is fed with tongs and eats once a day, with almost constant access to his greens. For water, he has a small dish that he can drink from and I use a spray bottle to give him droplets of water on his nose that he licks up. I give him hornworms for treats every now and then (about every other day).
Terrarium: He has an ExoTerra Large/Low with Repticarpet on the bottom that I try to clean and switch out about once a week. His basking spot is an ExoTerra hanging rocks that he gets to using a Reptile Hammock. The spot gets around 105 degrees F and that side of the terrarium is about 80 degrees F during the day, while the opposite side is about 75. He basks often and sleeps on his hammock. He also has a fake log for decoration/climbing. At night my room ranges from 62 to 70 degrees. I pick up his waste whenever I see it. Finally, his UVB bulb was changed about 2 months ago.
Behavior: Wafer sleeps from 8pm to 8 am. He runs around whenever I'm home and I get him out for about 30 minutes to an hour a day. When out, he loves to climb and explore.
Other: He has a genetic disability where the bones in his front 2 arms are deformed. The vet has confirmed that this is a disability and not a calcium deficiency. At his last vet visit (~10 months ago) he had good vitamin levels.

katerina
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: A few issues - possible stuck shed / rotting. Please hel

Postby katerina » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 am

I apologize, the images did not embed. Here is a link to the imgur album containing them. https://imgur.com/a/rYdpDC6
katerina
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:56 am

Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on the arm like Manuka --- do not leave any crickets in the tank if you feed them they will go straight to the honey and you do not want that - the honey is a antibacterial that will promote healing -- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store - its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 and it will save time and money on that issue - can you post more pics of the shed in question please --
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Gail » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:01 am

The sores on his arms look like it could be scale rot or infected wounds. He needs a vet before it gets worse or gets into the blood.
The spot on his head is a little concerning too. There is a pinkish tint that seems to be under the scales and I worry is could worsen.

The belly just appears to be from a uneven shedding pattern. It should shed in time, don't try to force it.
Gail
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER