night coughing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

saigelbagel

my bearded dragon Dipper is making a sound like he is releasing air, I thing is he only does this at night. no black beard, no stress signs. he’s acting pretty normal during day. he eats and everything I don’t know what’s wrong. this happened a few weeks ago as well but I figured it was a minor RI and did what I could (i’m a minor without a job my parents buy what I need for basic care but no vet trips they are off the table sadly) it went away on its in but as it comes back it alarms me. what can I do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How often does he make this sound? If everything else is OK then I'd probably just keep an eye on it for now. Do you see any crusty buildup around his nose or mouth? Deep breathing on its own isn't necessarily a sign of trouble.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB and correct basking temps are extremely important for the health of the dragon-- please tell me what your using for a UVB NO coils and basking temps should be 95-110 for a adult / juvie and 105-110 for a baby taken w a digital probe thermometer

saigelbagel

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1dpv0g7c said:
How often does he make this sound? If everything else is OK then I'd probably just keep an eye on it for now. Do you see any crusty buildup around his nose or mouth? Deep breathing on its own isn't necessarily a sign of trouble.

last night I noticed it every ten minutes I think, I was laying in bed trying to sleep so I wasn’t watching the clock and it wasn’t like all night, maybe an hour to an hour and a half he stopped. no build up, no other signs of any sort of sickness expect his poo was a little watery but that’s normal for him if he’s just had a bath

saigelbagel

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2pelqcg5 said:
UVB and correct basking temps are extremely important for the health of the dragon-- please tell me what your using for a UVB NO coils and basking temps should be 95-110 for a adult / juvie and 105-110 for a baby taken w a digital probe thermometer

I believe the UBV is a zoomed? the brand that’s specifically for reptiles, and it’s a tube one, it doesn’t go all the way across his tank but my heat bulbs also give up UVB. I got it at the pet store. it’s a bit old and i’m working on getting a new one (as I said my parents only give me basic necessities and that doesn’t Include proper UBV :/ i’m getting a job soon I think) for is temps-basking in around 95 and his cool gets to about 85-75 depending on the day as it can get quite cold where I live.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What bulb are you using the T 5 or T 8? Distance and placement are crucial between the two bulbs along w/ expiration time and how are you getting temps? No stick ons

saigelbagel

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3d4v8d5h said:
What bulb are you using the T 5 or T 8? Distance and placement are crucial between the two bulbs along w/ expiration time and how are you getting temps? No stick ons

T8, I have a duel lamp holdey thingy with a normal heat bulb and a night one which is on 24/7 during the winter. no stick in they have on top of the grate on the tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Night heat bulb? Is it colored? No colored bulbs please they are harmful to the eyes and will keep.your dragon up.all night they need darkness and cool temps to sleep like 65-75 -- the T 8 needs to be inside the tank w/ no clear plastic cover over the bulb-- distance needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor--basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - T 8's need to be replaced every 6 months I recommend 5 one month prior to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom