Cut on Bearded Dragons Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had posted a bit ago about Tilly possibly having mouth rot, which turned out to be that she just needed her teeth brushed, which her teeth look better almost everyday. However within a span of an hour, I found her today with a scale on her mouth off barely hanging on. I don’t know if this is a sign of a disease or her injury if herself. And I also don’t know what to do to treat it.
110623-987619763.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any raw, unpasteurized honey that you could put on that area?
It looks like he rubbed it on her tank? That is a very common injury though, but it isn't
mouth rot but just an injury.
Does it seem to hurt or bother her?

Tracie

TillyPilly

Original Poster
Drache613":1b62y0u6 said:
Hello,

Do you have any raw, unpasteurized honey that you could put on that area?
It looks like he rubbed it on her tank? That is a very common injury though, but it isn't
mouth rot but just an injury.
Does it seem to hurt or bother her?

Tracie

I don’t have any honey that I could put on it. As of right now I’ve been putting dilute betadine on it and some triple antibiotic ointment, which I’ve heard is good, if it isn’t please let me know.

Should I worry about the scale that doesn’t come off? It still hasn’t come off and I don’t know if I should try to get it off or not.

She doesn’t act any different and still keeps trying to get out off her tank when she is in there, so it probably doesn’t hurt all that much, if at all.

Does it look like it’s healing okay? It’s kind of a grey color and I don’t know if that is good or bad. The picture isn’t the best but it’s the best I could do.

110623-4278251929.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just let the shed do its thing --it will eventually come off -- when it starts getting crackly and dried out take some water mist and take a soft baby tooth brush and gently brush the loose stuff off -- I would try and get some of the raw unpasteurized honey like Maunka works good and use that on her lip -- make sure there are NO crickets in the tank or left in the tank they will go straight for the lip

TillyPilly

Original Poster
KarrieRee":myhbc1ua said:
Just let the shed do its thing --it will eventually come off -- when it starts getting crackly and dried out take some water mist and take a soft baby tooth brush and gently brush the loose stuff off -- I would try and get some of the raw unpasteurized honey like Maunka works good and use that on her lip -- make sure there are NO crickets in the tank or left in the tank they will go straight for the lip

Okay, I’ll try to find some honey for her lip then. And I don’t have to worry about crickets since she eats roaches and I feed her in a separate bin.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like it is healing up just fine. As Karrie suggested, just let the area heal up & shed
off on its' own. You can continue to keep it clean with the diluted betadine & if you can, get
some raw, unpasteurized honey on it to help it heal up a little better.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom