black spot on tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

loglazer

Hi everyone,

We're posting here because we're concerned it might be urgent. We are worried about a black spot at the base of our beardie's tail (see photo). We've read about tail rot and as far as we understand it typically begins at the tip of the tail. Can it also begin at the base?

When she shed about a month ago the tail skin did not shed, and the black spot more or less marks the point between where the skin shed and where it didn't, so we're thinking it's perhaps related to that? It does not seem to be growing, has been about the same size for several days now.

We'd be grateful for any insight!

Thanks,
B & L

110744-6094529922.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Due to the size of the spot, I'd keep a close eye on it. Take photos regularly so you can compare. If it starts to look worse or expand, it may be worth having a vet take a look and possibly test a skin sample to see whats going on.

loglazer

Original Poster
thanks for the response. we'll keep a close eye and keeping taking photos to see if it grows, and will take her to the vet if it gets worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom