Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR3529

Beardie has weird discoloration on tail, back legs and beard. He just went through a patchy shed and we seem to be having issues with this one. Does this look like shed? Or maybe a Bacterial or fungal infection? The tail seems to have a very thick layer and it has white spots in it. Im guessing we have a double layer of shed going on but not sure. I have a vet appt scheduled but not until the 29th. Its a ways off and im really worried. We've given baths and used a shed aid but nothing is helping as of yet. Hes a 1 yr old male. Hes eating and doing normal beardie stuff but hasnt gone potty in a week. Husbandry has been monitored and is accurate. Any help is appreciated.
108888-2793474971.jpg
108888-2532050135.jpg
108888-3473309907.jpg
108888-5953673287.jpg
108888-5653516930.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The little darling is not finished shedding and did it to worry the heck out of ya, lol!!!! He's ok, I see nothing to be overly concerned about.

DR3529

Original Poster
Thank u!! Im so glad to hear this! Still gonna take him to the vet as he's due for his 6 month check up. In the mean time, Thanks for the peace of mind

DR3529

Original Poster
One thing that i forgot to mention is that he's had a weird smell to him. It smells like vitamins, like u know how when u open a bottle of vitamins and u can tell they're vitamins? He smells like that. Any ideas on what could cause that? Researching says beardies dont have an odor. I give herptivite with beta carotene multivitamins 2-3 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom