Scared my beardie is egg bound

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Scared my beardie is egg bound

Postby clyde612 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:30 pm

ooops don't mind this post, i was going to ask how she was doing but didn't see there was a second page, glad she's going better!

On the topic of vet bills, would anyone recommend beardie insurance? I found one for $15/month for emergencies and $25 a month for emergencies + routine visits
clyde612
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby lizdragon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 am

clyde612 wrote:ooops don't mind this post, i was going to ask how she was doing but didn't see there was a second page, glad she's going better!

On the topic of vet bills, would anyone recommend beardie insurance? I found one for $15/month for emergencies and $25 a month for emergencies + routine visits

Thank you! Wish I knew anything about insurance. I would say I usually spend $500-1000 on Liz's vet appointments a year (though maybe that's because I worry about her so much and take her in too often :lol:) so maybe I should look into this too.
lizdragon
Hatchling Poster

Postby lisbetha » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:16 pm

Hopefully you can find someone. Here in NZ, it's dog and cat only :/
I just end up queueing for the one bird/reptile vet in the city. At least working with bird rescue, I kinda have an avian vet on tap. Helps for a good second opinion on my chicken(who are very much pets).
lisbetha
Newbie Poster

Postby lizdragon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:25 am

Hey everyone, just an update. So as I mentioned on this thread before, Liz laid 31 eggs 2.5 weeks ago. Well yesterday we began to think she might be ready for another batch (she has laid batches this close together before). This morning as we were waking up, she laid what looked like a deflated, yellow-tinted egg. Is it possible this was an egg leftover from the previous batch? I’m not sure if we should expect her to lay more.

Update: We put her in her lay box yesterday. She moved around a lot but did not lay any eggs. This morning we woke up to find two more eggs in her tank which I guess she laid overnight. She has never done this before; she's always laid everything all at once. Hopefully she can get the rest of the eggs out today.
lizdragon
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER