Possible injury under mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture https://imgur.com/a/rg0g8x6 I am concerned about this possible injury. My Bearded Dragon is 2 years old. I do not think that it is food because of the color. I do feed him radicchio but he does not really like it. I also have not given it to him recently. It looks like dried blood in my opinion. Should I bring him to the vet? I think it happened maybe when I was taking him out into the bath (He had a lot of poop on him) and I think that he may have banged his lip on the edge of the terrarium. He is squirmy when he is being taken out of the terrarium (Extra squirmy when he has poop on him). I will definitely bring him to the vet if you think it is necessary. I just want to know if I should just leave it and let it heal or bring him to the vet. Any responses are much appreciated

SPandS

Juvie Member
Has he been glass surfing? This time of the year it tends to be very common especially with males. For now I would put some honey on it and just keep an eye on it but if you can it wouldn't hurt to bring him to a vet.

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
SandP":howhzqs1 said:
Has he been glass surfing? This time of the year it tends to be very common especially with males. For now I would put some honey on it and just keep an eye on it but if you can it wouldn't hurt to bring him to a vet.

Thank you for responding. Yes he has definitely been glass surfing more recently. I will definitely put some honey on it and bring him to the vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, go ahead & try using some raw, unpasteurized honey on the scale area. This is a
very common type of injury due to banging or rubbing on their glass tanks. Does it seem to
be bothering him any?

Tracie

Tahtee

Mine has something veryyy similar going on in the same exact spot and it’s because he’s been glass surfing like crazy and wants to be out and about during the day. He’s a snuggle bug, once I bring him out and hold him, put him on the window shelf or bring for a ride he’s totally calm. I noticed today he’s literally hurting himself. Has a little swollen spot and some abrasion in the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom