Broken beardie leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hot wheels car hit my bearded dragon and we think one of his legs is broken. He takes big swallows and opens his mouth really wide. He leans his head towards where we think the broken leg is and doesn't respond to being picked up turned over or even holding wax worms in his face. He isn't eating and nothing that I lookup works. Please help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just how large was the hot wheels vehicle that hit him?
If you have any pictures of your little one that you can share, that would be good. I hope that
he makes it for you. Try to keep him around 75-80 overnight to help boost his system. He is
probably hurting if you feel that his leg was broken. Perhaps it just bruised it instead?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You need to get the local reptile vet to take high resolution Xrays of the leg.
If it's broken , it needs to reset ( under a general ) , perhaps a specially made pin inserted to stabilise the leg bones , and put in a cast to immobilise the limb.

I'd one of my eastern bluetongue skinks ( George ) treated for broken humerus in his left arm as a juvenile ( never did find out how he broke it , but was very active and boisterous as a baby and juvenile ). He was only 4 months old and maybe 50g .
Vet put a full arm cast that completely immobilised his right arm and should on , didn't slow George down at all, and he looked comical bulldozing his way past obstacles with his right arm poking straight out from his chest ( only made his climbing a little more difficult ).

2 months later and he was cast free and never had any other issues. I still have him ( 11 yrs old now and a very sweet and gentle and affectionate boy ) .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, any improvements?
Is he moving around at all & were you able to get him into a vets for analysis?

Let us know how things are going.
Tracie

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Does anybody know of what can be done if their beardies or frillies are possibly in pain?
Besides the vet. I think our Atlas has a sore foot from jumping off the couch. It doesn't look out of place like broken or anything but he is favoring one side and doesn't like you to touch it. He still moves around okay but I just hate to think he is in pain and can't say so.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Right... I just thought someone might have an idea to help comfort the poor thing. Maybe he's fine. He still wants to chase his frillie buddy around.

NotABritishBeardie

Original Poster
NotABritishBeardie":2svqj2y5 said:
A hot wheels car hit my bearded dragon and we think one of his legs is broken. He takes big swallows and opens his mouth really wide. He leans his head towards where we think the broken leg is and doesn't respond to being picked up turned over or even holding wax worms in his face. He isn't eating and nothing that I lookup works. Please help
Hey guys, I have some news. He is doing %100 percent better, and is walking normally and eating normally. the leg was probably just bruised so thanks for that suggestion! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom