Baby beardie ate cork bark and hasn’t passed it pooped 2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb0215

Is it possible my baby bearded can still suffer from impaction? I’ve been doing the warm baths and baby food/oil. Spunk has pooped 2x since. But there’s still a lump on her left side/stomach. I didn’t want to massage as I fear further injury. My vet isn’t Available for 2 days and the emergency vet is over an hour Away. Should I be worried spunk is still moving around. But mostly glass surfing to be held or fed. Really isn’t liking the no solids thing. Last night she was sort of dragging her back legs but after a bath and a poop it got slighty better. I’ve only had her for 12 days from local pet store. Should I consider taking spunk back? Or should I stick it out with her as we’ve built a bond.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would definitely stick it out with her. How big was the piece of cork? I don't believe it is toxic and shouldn't cause much harm. It tends to be fairly soft so if everything else is normal I don't think it is likely to cause impaction unless it was a very large chunk at once. Since she pooped in the bath that means things are moving through, so it may just take some time.

Caleb0215

Original Poster
Update back legs started to get weak again and the I could see the cork bulging out of her stomach she looked miserable. The store said they would take care of it and call me if everything goes well so I can get my baby back.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok it sounds like the piece may have been big and she is struggling a bit. Hopefully she'll be able to pass it without issue and you'll get her back soon. Please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom