Nail trimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Your image didn't come through... but if you can't trim your beardie's nails yourself, you can either try to file them down with an emery board or take them to the vet for the vet to trim them (costly - check to see if they would be charging you for an office visit first).

lovelysandy

Original Poster
ComicBookMama":3hez84sx said:
Your image didn't come through... but if you can't trim your beardie's nails yourself, you can either try to file them down with an emery board or take them to the vet for the vet to trim them (costly - check to see if they would be charging you for an office visit first).

107496-7522269059.jpg

SPandS

Juvie Member
There's definitely some that can be cut off without reaching the quick then put a rock or tile that is sort of rough in his tank to help file them down a bit more.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, the nails aren't awfully long, but I would definitely want to trim them. Just take off the very tips of the nails for now, to get rid of the point, and definitely get some slate tile or some natural rock in his enclosure to help wear the nails down a bit more. Filing might also be a good thing, as I mentioned before, if you can keep him still long enough. I would be nervous about clipping black nails, too! I'm lucky mine has clear! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom