Bearded dragon tumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
108368-6355569470.jpg
108368-6355569470.jpg
108368-5591925513.jpg
108368-7511919755.jpg
Hey, my friends bearded dragon has a tumor in his mouth, originally it was small and she brought him to a vet and they said it was like a pimple type thing and it would fall off (may not have been a pimple exactly, English isn’t their original language) and the vets sent her home and told her to let it be and it’ll fall off, she did and it grew, he had troubles eating and lost teeth due to it being so big, and she brought him in again today and they said it is possibly a tumor and if it is then they’ll have to put him down. This beardie means the world to her and it would be a major heartbreak to loose him, hes getting bloodwork to see if it is a tumor and I want to know if there’s anything she can do about it, like if the tumor could be removed. Personally I see this as the vets fault, it could have been better if they tested for a tumor while it was small :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy. A biopsy of the tissue would be helpful to determine what it is. It may be operable, but that depends on the ability and experience of the vet as well as the extent of the issue. If it is getting into the jaw bone, that makes it much more complicated. An x-ray may help to determine that. If you have a veterinary teaching hospital in your area, it may be worth going there for further testing and treatment. University hospitals tend to have more resources and experience at their disposal than ordinary veterinary clinics.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, this is going to need medical/vet care, This will not go away on its own, unfortunately.
Do you have any raw, unpasteurized honey to put on it, for now until you can get this looked at?
Bless him, that is a lot for him to have to deal with.
Have them keep him warmer in his tank, overnight, to help boost his immune system. Usually,
we recommend around 75-80 for optimal nighttime temperatures.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any news or updates on your boy, for us?
I hope you were able to get him in to see a vet, he does need some vet care.

Tracie

Fluflepuff

Original Poster
Drache613":24h7dhb8 said:
Hello,

Any news or updates on your boy, for us?
I hope you were able to get him in to see a vet, he does need some vet care.

Tracie

I hope this is how I reply..? Sorry new to the website, this is my friends boy and sadly the vets where they live have to put him down, it’s not operational and they’re being given some time with him before he has to go...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that they aren't able to operate on their dragon. :cry: It is never
a good experience to have to lose one.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom