Adult Beardie acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today, any changes thus far?
Twice per week for calcium is good, you could increase to 3 times weekly just in case
she hasn't been getting quite enough for some reason.
She is still able to climb & move around easily though up to her basking spot?
The Reptisun 10 T5 tube bulb is a nice bulb so she should be getting adequate UVB
exposure.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

budzoboy

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

she finally pooped. she is moving up and down fine..
still having trouble getting her to eat

budzoboy

Original Poster
well,
I readjusted her basking lamp, dropping it another inch, basking temps are now 97-99
tried giving her the babyfood. won't touch it, won't take her greens, or even water when I offer it to her..

on a lighter noter..my wife was holding her and she pooped on her...she did not find that amusing!

spends more time climbing to her basking spot, so she is moving around good.

budzoboy

Original Poster
Hi All...
JoJo hasn't eaten anything for about a week. Refuses to take greens or babyfood.
I have gotten some water into her, but that's it..spends majority of her time basking.

I am starting to get worried.

Joe

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you get the T 5 adjusted to the correct height? 12-15 inches? Have you weighed her to see if she's losing weight? Her poop is it really stinky enough to make you leave the room? Is it real runny when she poops?

budzoboy

Original Poster
the light is fine, and at the correct and suggested height

she last pooped about 11 days ago, a standard poop, basically no smell.
then 2 days later a small poop(when my wife held her)

I just don't know what to do...I haven't weighed her, but when I hold her she feels about the same.

Joe

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Might be good to get a weight on her-- keep track- kitchen food scale weigh in grams-- it may be just the time of year mine went w/ out eating a couple years ago for a while- took him to vet spent all kinds of money trying to figure out why - wasn't losing weight - all kinds of test x-rays etc - I was force feeding till one day I just said no more if he eats he eats like 2 days later he started eating again - :dontknow: so he hasn't done that since- it seems they all.go thru some sort of spell not eating-- then we all get worried but it's good to cover all basis as to cause

budzoboy

Original Poster
she IS taking water when I give it to her(daily)

but not any food....went to weigh her, need batteries for the scale, hopefully tomorrow

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If she doesn't like it warmer at her basking temperatures, then you can lower it back down to
95-96 to see if that helps her out.
That is great she doesn't have any trouble moving around right now. Have you tried getting
some baby food into her yet, using a dropper or syringe?
I agree, definitely start keeping track of her weight, to be sure she isn't losing weight right now.
Is her beard normal color or has it been darker than usual?

Tracie

budzoboy

Original Poster
HI Tracie,

she flat out refuses any babyfood. tried a small baby syringe, no go..

I contacted her old owner and he said she did this once before

beard is normal color

budzoboy

Original Poster
Well, JoJo haste eaten anything for 2 weeks now. Breeder friend of mine said she might be in a brumation. she is active, moves around her tank, but will not take anything; greens, babyfood, crickets, etc. Not even syringe feed. turns her head and walks away

Made an appointment with a reptile Vet, on tues. They said just keep doing what I am doing.
Joyce holds her and rubs her belly, small amount of poop and urate come out, which seems slimy.

will keep you informed,

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today? It is possible she might be trying to brumate. They tend to
brumate at various times during the year. I would keep track of her weight just to be sure that
she doesn't lose too much weight. Do you know what her weight is currently?
The vet will most likely try to do a fecal on her to make sure she doesn't have worms or
parasites right now.
Let us know how JoJo is doing!

Tracie

budzoboy

Original Poster
hi All,

she seems to be at the same weight..(scale still not working) still won't eat but takes water, and just seems to bask all day, although yesterday she went and hid behind her branches that hold up her hammock.
yes, I have to take a specimen in with me!

Joe

budzoboy

Original Poster
Hi All,

Well had JoJo at the vet. He said she seemed fine, could possibly be some parasites, but will know more when the stool sample gets back. He gave us some meds for the parasites, and we go the first dose into her today.
I have also decided to swap out her sand for Tile, at the recommendation of the vet, even though she has had it since I had her along with all my other beardies.

need to find a way to build her climbing branches without them sliding

budzoboy

Original Poster
Hi All,

well labs came back, JoJo has pinworms. got her first dose of her new med into her.
also used the syringe to get a some babyfood into her. she swallowed it, so that's a start..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom