Bearded dragon spikes going transparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingapinguino

My beardie is around 2 and half years old and is eating and behaving fine except for the fact its beard spikes are turning transparent slowly. Are they dying and going to fall off? Its cage is around 4 feet long, 1,6 deep and tall. Basking spot is around 100 F and cool spot around 70. The UVB is provided by a t8 10.0 Sylvania tube

[ximg]110594 5838713180[/ximg]

mingapinguino

Original Poster
AHBD":14a5jfpv said:
Hi there, that's just hhow they loook when going to shed. BTW, Sylvania is not a uvb bulb, did you mean a different brand ?
Phew! Thank you very much, I was thinking they were dying since they lost their vibrant orange colour and are almost see-through.
Yeah sorry, I meant an Arcadia 10%+ uvb lamp (t8 600mm 24" 18 watt tube). It has burning for around 2 weeks so it's brand new. Is it a good lamp? Unfortunately I cannot have easy access to reptisun 10.0 tubes where I live and I had to make do with this brand. So far the dragon looks okay and its behaviour hasn't changed

mingapinguino

Original Poster
AHBD":36wrf9c2 said:
You're welcome. :) And yes, Arcadia's a good bulb but the t8 is not as strong as t5. Can you post a pic of your enclosure ? Sometimes you need to mount the t8 inside under the screen like this using wire.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30028/full

I know that and that's why the bulb is inside the enclosure, around 6 inches away from the nearest point. I'm planning to switch to a t5 but I'm afraid it could be too powerful for its eyes

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good ! No need for a t5 then but since your tank is so large it would help to cover more area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom