Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanh7454

(Please read my reply too!) Hi all, I'm concerned about two yellow crusty spots on my Mushu's beard and I'm hoping to get some opinions on what could be causing it. It appears to be a yellow crust on top of his scales which looks like yellow fungus. The first spot near his mouth appeared about 1 month ago, it subsided after a week or so, and it came back this morning along with the second spot on his beard.

Mushu has a proper setup and is cared for well, however he has been rubbing his face on the glass lately and his behavior seems more restless than usual. Any input would be greatly appreciated, and please know that I am working to get him to the vet ASAP.

full

ryanh7454

Original Poster
Update: I was able to brush the crusties off with a toothbrush very easily. The one next to his mouth came off with some other skin as a part of a shed. The one on his beard came off easily too, but it wasn't connected to shedding skin... does this rule out yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom