Beardie won’t eat insects

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is about 7 months old and i have never had a problem feeding her crickets or worms. She usually loves them both and eats them right when i put them in her bowl but these passed 3 days she will only eat her greens, no insects. It’s starting to worry me because i also noticed she’s been hiding under dark places in her tank, i tried to move her when she was sleeping and she hissed at me so now when she sleeps i let her be. Today she is more active and basking under her light and she let me pick her up and hold her just fine, still won’t eat insects.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of your dragon? At 7 months, if she is healthy, there is a possibility
that she is simply brumating a little bit. This is a common occurrence but we need to be sure
she isn't ill or having other problems.
She was up & around some today, basking? During brumation they will often be up & down
but not eat much of anything for awhile. I would monitor her weight to be sure it is pretty stable
& watch to make sure she stays hydrated, too.

Tracie

LoraLizard

Original Poster
Drache613":28wxx6gu said:
Hello,
This is the photos i have right now but i can take more when i’m home. I don’t know if i should mention aswell she won’t poop unless it’s in water. Everytime i fill up her water bowl with fresh water she poops in it, and i’m not sure how often she should be going but it’s been once or twice a week only.
109154-2482580869.jpg
Do you have any pictures of your dragon? At 7 months, if she is healthy, there is a possibility
that she is simply brumating a little bit. This is a common occurrence but we need to be sure
she isn't ill or having other problems.
She was up & around some today, basking? During brumation they will often be up & down
but not eat much of anything for awhile. I would monitor her weight to be sure it is pretty stable
& watch to make sure she stays hydrated, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom