Spot on front paw / limping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianH

Hello from Ohio. I'm new to this site, and have a 3 1/2 year old dragon named Xavier.

He has an odd-looking spot on his front paw. Could this be the issue for his limping? Maybe causing pain and hurts to walk on it?

I recently taken to vet a few times, and they've done x-rays, which showed nothing.
He thought maybe gout taking affect, and to cut down on proteins like crickets and offer more greens and veggies.

Thoughts? Any feedback is most appreciated.

110495-7072664816.jpg

110495-310914531.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like its been bleeding --- any sharp things in the tank? Does he have a hammock in the tank? Green mesh one? Any crickets left in the tank? Can you post pics of his tank so we can see what might be causing the issue- gout would need to have a blood test done - they measure the levels of uric acid in the blood and I dont think gout is going to cause bleeding either

BrianH

Original Poster
He does have a brown-rope type hammock, to which he never uses too much anymore.
Crickets are sometimes left in the tank, maybe one or two that got away, but rarely.

I was also wondering if he was running around on the floor and got impaled by something sharp...could have been anything, even though we obviously vacuum often.
It's odd that the vet did not even notice this spot or say anything.

We have not ever noticed any bleeding anywhere in the tank.

The tank is a store bought 40/50 gal with a UV light inside, and heat lamp on top.
There is also various cloths for him to lay on, and his veggie dish...pretty simple tank.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this type of spot on a paw before?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible it got stuck with something sharp on the floor. I've seen similar bruising caused by running too much on hard surfaces (tile for example). When I saw this I put down soft fleece over the tiles and that provided relief and allowed the hands to heal. That may be worth a try in your case. Just put softer surfaces down for a while to provide some relief.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your uvb is a what coil or tube ? And if a tube is it a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or T 8?

BrianH

Original Poster
For a few weeks, we've only let him run on the carpet or couch...anything soft.
He also has a tower down for flooring in the tank...so nothing hard.

He has a new Rep Sun T8 inside tank.

I try to give him more green, veggies, etc...everyday, and less proteins like crickets...since he's almost 4.

Give him warm baths to soak in...but will need to step up these more often.

I think that we are doing everything right..and still surprised that vet not notice this spot or say anything...unless he knew it was nothing (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom