Black spots on tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake1224

Hey everyone just had a quick question about what this could be , I’m pretty certain it’s not tail rot because it starts near the bottom of the tail and she has no open wounds near the area or anywhere on her tail. I have suspicions it might be poo that got stuck beneath the tail but I just wanted to double check what your guys opinion on it is, just in case .

And I’ve read that people use a toothbrush to clean it out , I bathe her regularly and I don’t think it will dislodge on it’s own so how should I go about it ? Go side to side gently ? Or horizontal. Would that damage the scales if I go vertically ?

Any response would be appreciated thank you.

110487-3170678229.jpg
110487-8573457519.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks just like some dirt lodged in his scales....which is very common. Have you tried
using a soft toothbrush scrub in a warm bath to see if that can be cleaned?
If you go softly with the toothbrush, you can go either direction without fear of damaging the
scales.
It definitely is not tail rot though!

Tracie

Jake1224

Original Poster
Drache613":25zqxiur said:
Hello,

That looks just like some dirt lodged in his scales....which is very common. Have you tried
using a soft toothbrush scrub in a warm bath to see if that can be cleaned?
If you go softly with the toothbrush, you can go either direction without fear of damaging the
scales.
It definitely is not tail rot though!

Tracie

Thanks ! I knew it wasn’t tail rot , and I know it’s not dirt since there isn’t any dirt substrate in her terrarium and she doesn’t go outside because it’s -40 out here in Canada . I think it is definitely poo just wanted a second opinion just to be sure . I’ll try again with a toothbrush thanks !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, their tail undersides have a tendency to get stained or dirty! Just try out the toothbrush
method & hopefully it will eventually come clean.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom