beardie claw ripped off don't know what to do HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I just looked over at my Pancake and noticed she is shaking her foot. I looked over to see what was wrong and she has an ENTIRE CLAW MISSING. There's definitely blood on the end and I don't know what to do. It looks like it must hurt really bad what can I do for her?? Something I can put on it for pain or to keep it from getting infected?? And will it grow back??? I am freaking out.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Okay I've calmed down a little, looking closer it looks like the bottom part of the nail (idk what it's called, the part you're not supposed to cut when you trim their nails) is still partially there. Maybe it will grow back.
I just feel like a bad beardie mom for letting this happen. I think I know where the nail may have gotten caught and I have now removed that piece of decor from the enclosure. Gave her some blueberries as an apology. I'm gonna watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected. If there's anything I can put on it I would really appreciate to know. :cry:

You can try to put raw honey on the wound. It might get a little messy inside of her home that way but it would help. As another suggestion, you could try to wrap it up with gauze to keep things out of it. I would have to imagine it would be like a cats or dogs claw when you cut too far down and nick the dark spot in the nails, and those grow back. I'm not 100% on that though as I've only had my girly dragon and I'm still fairly new at dragons. I would keep an eye on it just to make sure it doesnt get infected.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Mbrown2572":ebrgs4kc said:
You can try to put raw honey on the wound. It might get a little messy inside of her home that way but it would help. As another suggestion, you could try to wrap it up with gauze to keep things out of it. I would have to imagine it would be like a cats or dogs claw when you cut too far down and nick the dark spot in the nails, and those grow back. I'm not 100% on that though as I've only had my girly dragon and I'm still fairly new at dragons. I would keep an eye on it just to make sure it doesnt get infected.
I just applied some raw honey as per your suggestion. Thank you!! I will be keeping an eye on it.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Mbrown2572":oycrltrs said:
How is your little dragon doing?

Sorry for such a late reply!!! I just saw this. Thanks to your suggestion she healed fine. The claw has been steadily growing back :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom