beardie accidentally ate my hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I had to take Serena out of her cage for cleaning and I noticed there was a hair stuck on her. I pulled it off until I noticed there was some resistance, and then I realized that the hair was INSIDE of her. Now, as a person with hair longer than some people's arms, I've had to pull my hair out of some strange places, but never out of a living animal. I was able to get the hair out without much hassle. My beardie doesn't tend to squirm around a lot. There was a ton of poop stuck to it and she feels a bit lighter after I got it out. There was no blood and her vent looks fine. I'm worried that she'll do it again or that it might've caused internal damage. Should I be concerned? Should I give her a soak or some antibiotics or will she be OK?
edit: ok like 2 minutes after I posted this she pooped again and started dripping like a faucet. The liquid is clear, and I think it might be odorless though my sinuses have been really awful the past few weeks and I can't smell anything unless it's right in front of my nose and I am not sticking my nose in lizard poop. I'm very worried now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragon has accidentally eaten hair off the floor several times in the past. It hasn't caused any issues as far as I can tell. The hair is relatively soft and passes through their systems. Sometimes need a bit of assistance removing it completely when they poop it out, as you've noticed, but that's about it.

TakoNigiri

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1m6wgk9m said:
My dragon has accidentally eaten hair off the floor several times in the past. It hasn't caused any issues as far as I can tell. The hair is relatively soft and passes through their systems. Sometimes need a bit of assistance removing it completely when they poop it out, as you've noticed, but that's about it.
ah, thanks for the help! I was worried about the extra discharge afterwards but she's fine now as far as I can tell.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I've pulled hair out of Mari's mouth and butt before. It gets caught on things in their digestive tract, but I don't think pulling it out will do too much harm to their intestines or throat. Just try to vacuum a bit more. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom