Bad diarrhoea again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

My little beardie Commodus is 7 months old and seems to be having a upset stomach, He had a bout of loose stool in December but it cleared up quite quickly by itself and I put it down to stress (we just moved)

Problem is it came back in full force today, my boyfriend and family think it's just because he ate an HUGE amount of Bok Choi over the weekend (like 3 full salad bowls, he couldn't get enough) But I have a tendency to over worry with him, should I just send a sample to the vet?

He's in a 4×3×3 wooden vivexotic with a UVB T5 reflector tube (bulb changed in August) and a thermostat regulated hot spot of around 35°

The poop doesn't smell bad or anything and when his stool settled down in December he had a month of perfect poops! I kinda doubt it's parasites but I worry about my little baby

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think!

100859-1585707432.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your assumption is correct, it was just the huge over the top portion of bok choy. He'll be fine in a day or 2. Good that Coomodus likes greens, just take it easy on them and add variety like kale, collards, turnip greens. No need for a vet though, he'll be fine. :)

Superhands

Original Poster
AHBD":2g8zybn8 said:
Your assumption is correct, it was just the huge over the top portion of bok choy. He'll be fine in a day or 2. Good that Coomodus likes greens, just take it easy on them and add variety like kale, collards, turnip greens. No need for a vet though, he'll be fine. :)

Haha I'm glad you concur! Normally he has a big variety of greens but we're in heavy lockdown here so it's tough to get food on the spot. Thanks for responding!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I am in agreement also, too many greens is the most likely culprit of the looser stool.
This does happen fairly often. You can just reduce the amount of greens intake for a few
days to help the stool normalize a little bit.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Superhands

Original Poster
Drache613":3cgrzau4 said:
Hello,

Yes, I am in agreement also, too many greens is the most likely culprit of the looser stool.
This does happen fairly often. You can just reduce the amount of greens intake for a few
How is he doing today?

Tracie

He just had another stool which was more formed but still with a lot of liquid around it, I've reduced his green intake for now until I see a more stable change.

Thanks for always being so helpful Tracie! I'll let you know if anything changes soon

Superhands

Original Poster
Drache613":20671ukg said:
Hello,

How is he doing today?

Tracie

Hey Tracie,

Unfortunately it seems to still be persistent. I'm unsure if this looks worse or better ? Do you think this counts as diarrhoea or just a mushy stool? it was quite formed

100859-6452243277.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom