5 month old beard strange poop few mins after eating horn

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

5 month old beard strange poop few mins after eating horn

Postby Kyzer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:27 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

Was watery and like mostly urate or looked like the stool almost had a whitish skin over it.

His stool and urate has been normal in appearance other then it's accompanied with a little puddle of water most days , but he does eat a lot of salad every day and is bathed 2 to 3 times a week.
Are the horn worms to big for him he is 15/16 long?
Kyzer
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: 5 month old beard strange poop few mins after eating hor

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:49 am

Hornworms are soft and can be chewed down pretty easily. If this happened just a few minutes after eating one, then it is not likely the culprit. Mucous coated poop happens from time to time and may just be a temporary upset stomach. That isn't a big concern on its own. If it becomes a trend for a few weeks then it may be worth getting checked out, but my guess is that it will return to normal on its own soon.
CooperDragon

Re: 5 month old beard strange poop few mins after eating hor

Postby Kyzer » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:37 am

CooperDragon wrote:Hornworms are soft and can be chewed down pretty easily. If this happened just a few minutes after eating one, then it is not likely the culprit. Mucous coated poop happens from time to time and may just be a temporary upset stomach. That isn't a big concern on its own. If it becomes a trend for a few weeks then it may be worth getting checked out, but my guess is that it will return to normal on its own soon.

Yes his movements have returned to normal I do believe it was an upset stomach as he barley ate the next 1.5 days and has since returned to his normal eating pattern
Kyzer
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER