HELP bearded dragon ate miracle grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon came out of brumation a few days ago so i was letting her run around after her bath. turned away for a second to bring her some food and she ran over and started drinking out of this container I was trying to root cilantro in, which probably contained 3/4 cup of water and a pump of the miracle gro indoor solution. I grabbed her away fairly quickly, but she still got some. Its about 45 minutes later, she seems fairly alert, climbed up the ramp to her basking spot and ate a hornworm. We are trying to get some activated charcoal but it could be a few hours because of covid. So far I have given her some plain water in a syringe and also some parsley water because other threads said it might help. Is there anything else I can do and do you think she will be ok? I feel so bad for leaving that container where she could get to it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Other than what you've done and aside from hopefully getting the charcoal that's about it. Did it seem like she was taking licks [ which would be very a very tiny amount ] or did she have her nose down in it ? That would have given her a chance to get more but hopefully she didn't get much either way.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well what you're doing is good but getting the charcoal or getting her to an emergency vet to administer some there , whichever is quickest, would be the safest thing to do.

epauletteshark

Original Poster
I tried calling the vet but she said to call animal poison control, so now i'm on hold there. Meanwhile the only activated charcoal the stores nearby seem to have is this.
109926-3655391629.jpg
Will it possibly work, or at least be better than nothing?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm not sure. I did read that in dogs they just suggest giving plenty of water and that it should be fine so it may not be too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom