Please help beardie lost function of front paws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meami5

Hi please can anyone help? My boy has had a Blackbeard for a while now so was going to take him o vets when paid. Then he lost function of his front leg .Tries to move it but it only trembles. Then the next day the same happened to his other front leg ! He was eating ok but it's dropped to barely anything . What can be wrong??

Meami5

Original Poster
KarrieRee":q98425dn said:
His UVB --- what are you using for a UVB ? NO coils!!
Karrie

I have a strip light. I don't know what brand it is as he was given to us and was already in the Viv. I recently found out they need replacing though, so was intending to get him a new one when paid. Although have a feeling the vets may take every spare penny.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please look on the bulb it will tell you I need brand and bulb - look for T 8 or T 5 on it
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok that T 8 needs to be replaced ASAP if it's over 6 months old--- next it needs to be inside the tank w/ NO obstruction meaning No screen and No clear plastic cover over the bulb - inside tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- do this ASAP
Karrie

Meami5

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3k426r5d said:
Ok that T 8 needs to be replaced ASAP if it's over 6 months old--- next it needs to be inside the tank w/ NO obstruction meaning No screen and No clear plastic cover over the bulb - inside tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor-- do this ASAP
Karrie

So this is why he's sick? Are you thinking MBD? When replaced do you think he will regain use of front paws? Sorry for all the questions!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure and yes this a good reason he is sick-- get that bulb replaced now-- basking temps and UVB good UVB is imperative to a dragons behavior and overall health
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom