White Mark on my Female Beardies back

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanSavage

Hi all,

I have a female bearded dragon called Athena, she is 2 and half years old. She has recently shed her skin about 3 weeks ago and during the shed I noticed a white mark appear on her back it does not look like stick shed to me. I’m hoping someone can give me answers on what it is and how I can make it better for her. She does not seem in any discomfort which is always a good sign too. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Pictures included!

https://ibb.co/ZBRYyxN
https://ibb.co/Zz0D2y2

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How quickly did the white spot appear? It looks like a burn mark to me. Is she able to get close to any of her lighting? Keep taking photos of it for comparison and note if it is changing in size or shape at all. If it changes/spreads, then it may be a skin infection of some kind.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, that spot does look a lot like a burn to me also. You could get some aloe vera gel to
place on the area for a few days to see if that makes any difference.
If you have pictures of your tank setup that would be helpful. If the basking light is too close
then a burn is definitely possible.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

RyanSavage

Original Poster
Hi all, thanks for all the responses.

I’m struggling to see how she could have got burnt their is no climb points near my basking build the viv sits at constant 105 degrees Fahrenheit by the basking spot. (Picture Link Below) it just seems so strange it developed during a shed.

https://ibb.co/Nnm2n17

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the spot looking now?
The light doesn't appear too terribly close, what is the distance, approximately from her
to the light?

Tracie

RyanSavage

Original Poster
Drache613":2oa0v398 said:
Hello,

How is the spot looking now?
The light doesn't appear too terribly close, what is the distance, approximately from her
to the light?

Tracie

Hi Tracie,

The spot looks exactly the same as the picture in the original post.

I would say the basking spot to the light is 38 cm

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think it's a burn as well. How many watts is the bulb ? Also, even if it were 38 cm [ 14 " ] away from the floor, your dragon is not flush with the floor when she basks under, she is closer. She may have climbed + hung on the fake plants and been even closer . I can't tell from the angle of the picture if that's possible. Even if not it's still a possibility that her body was directly under it and close enough to be burned. So how many watts is the bulb and is it a spot light ? It's not uncommon for beardie's to get burned under a spotlight because of the way it concentrates the intense heat to one area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom