Broken claw.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Broken claw.

Postby Aireon719 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi I don't know if this is the right place for this post but my bearded dragon has seem to hurt her claw while digging and glass surfing cause she is in the middle of laying her first eggs which are infertile by the way and she's had 7 so far. Anyways she seems to have broken her claw and has dry blood and wanted to know what I can do cause my vet is closed for the day. [Click image to enlarge]
Aireon719
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Broken claw.

Postby Mypetbeardeddragon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:57 pm

I would go to the vet just to be safe so it does not get infected.
Mypetbeardeddragon
Newbie Poster

Postby Aireon719 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:07 pm

I've been trying to call my vet to ask their recommendation but can't get a hold of one they've been busy and I'm trying to avoid a trip if possible cause they are a good ways and I'm a little low on cash. Please don't take that as I don't care cause I will take her if need be.
Aireon719
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:06 pm

One thing you don't want to do is interrupt her egg laying. You can soak it in betadine -water solution but other than that it should be fine. Once she's done laying you can also put Neosporin on it and a gauze wrap but it could come off if she continues to dig. All in all, lots of beardies bust a nail and are perfectly fine. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Aireon719 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:23 am

My vet told me to put neosporin on it. But right now she's refusing to eat anything and has lost 2g since yesterday so I might have to take her to vet. But if she hasn't eaten by 4 I might blend up her food and syringe feed her.
Aireon719
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:41 am

Is she still laying ? They almost never eat while they're still laying eggs. And was that a typo when you wrote that she lost 2 grams ? That is a negligible amount and nothing to even be remotely concerned about.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Aireon719 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:05 pm

It's been about 2 days since her last egg and she's only had 7 eggs and I say 2 grams but she used to weight 400 some grams but I'm guessing a lot of that is from the eggs. But my vet still recommended I come in just in case. So she has an appointment tomorrow. But good news is she is loving her water. After she drinks it she gets in it and messes around in it making a big mess.
Aireon719
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER