Prolapsed bD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear this, can you post a picture ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

You can soak her in a lukewarm sugar water for a bit, the sugar draws the moisture out and can sometimes shrink the tissue enough for it to retract . If it doesn't go back in then you can put some honey or KY jelly , whichever you have. Keep it moist until you get the dragon too the vet. Best wishes !

Original Poster
Im sorry i cang get a pic but i will do the moisturizing thing. It is night so how do i keep it warm at night. Do i let it sleep in water

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, he can't sleep in the water. Dry him off, put the honey on it and just keep the house temp. average of about 74. He won't eat while he's in this condition, hopefully he'll recover, then he'll eat.

Original Poster
im afraid it will die bc its a baby and it cant eat. I heard that babys need to be eating every day

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Honey is better but if you don't have it vaseline will do. I know it's very stressful and they do need to eat but the prolapse needs to go in or he will die. Once the vet gets it in you can offer baby food like chicken + green bean, all natural with no salt or sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom