Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesMama

My beardie, Blue, has been sick. we thought she had an impactions but an ER visit and stays showed pneumonia. He started her on antibiotics and gave her subcontanious fluids and she perked up! Then tonight she is not moving her front legs, and her breathing is labored and irregular. I don't know if anyone has any advice? There aren't any reptile vets in my area, I have an appointment tomorrow with one in the next city but they don't do emergency visits. I'm afraid she may not make it through the night though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about Blue, it sounds like she is critical indeed.
Can you place her on a slight decline, to sleep so if she has any fluids in her lungs, it may
help them to drain out? Also, try to keep her warm overnight too for help boosting her
immune system. Usually 75-80 is good.
Is her beard darkened at all?
Which medication was given? I hope she isn't having a reaction to the medication since she
isn't moving her front arms. Let us know how she is doing & how the vet visit goes. I will
keep her in my thoughts & hope she makes it through the night.

Tracie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
BluesMama":1c18b1uh said:
My beardie, Blue, has been sick. we thought she had an impactions but an ER visit and stays showed pneumonia. He started her on antibiotics and gave her subcontanious fluids and she perked up! Then tonight she is not moving her front legs, and her breathing is labored and irregular. I don't know if anyone has any advice? There aren't any reptile vets in my area, I have an appointment tomorrow with one in the next city but they don't do emergency visits. I'm afraid she may not make it through the night though.

Are you feeding dubia roaches, and where exactly did you get them from if you are? Also when did you purchase them and approximately how big are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom