Help!! I think my beardie has tail rot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
110155-4376181476.jpg
Hi! So I just got a 3 or 4 year old beardie right before Christmas. Tonight when I gave him a bath it looked like his tail was broke at the end like it was cut and hanging. I started researching and found tail rot! I think thats what he has! It is very hard and dry and stiff. I dont know how long he has had it or how bad it is. I have only had him for 2 weeks! I saw where you can try to treat it but I honestly think he has had it a while. What should I do!!?? Please help!! I have absolutely fell in love with this guy and I dont want to loose him!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get him in to the vet--- here is a website to find a reptile vet--- www.arav.org
You want to take care of this right away
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks like it might be bothering him. Do you know how that happened or was it like that
when you got him? It looks like an injury but there is no telling what could have happened.
Do you have any raw, unpasteurized honey, or antibiotic ointment that you could put on that
until you get him to a vet? If you need to clean the area, you can use a diluted betadine but
avoid the use of hydrogen peroxide though.
How is his appetite right now?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom