Knot on knee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uhhitsalliee

Hi! I’m kind of in a little bit of a panic as I’m a new beardie owner, but my baby Apollo has a round little knot on his right hind knee. He’s still very active and very clumsy, though he barely uses that hind leg, he’s eating very well and basking like normal.

110122-3558266899.jpg

He’s 11 months old this month, in a 55 gallon tank with reptisun UVB tube bulb and his basking heat is 110 degrees. I normally feed him mealworms as a staple feeder with dubias and crickets every once in a while as they kind of freak me out. For greens, he favors mustard greens and red bell peppers. He is insanely picky. I bathe him every other day as that’s when he poops. For calcium, I alternate between a regular calcium without D3 and a strawberry banana flavored one with it, and then I use a multivitamin once a week.

Everything I’ve read online says it’s possibly gout, but there’s no swelling in other areas. I But I’ve scheduled an appointment with a vet for Monday, so hopefully it’s nothing serious!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope it isn't gout, either, poor thing! He is good sized though. Let us know how things go at
the vets on monday, too.
How close is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb to him & is it on top of the screen or underneath of the
screen?
They sure can become very picky! Since you might suspect gout, try to increase his oral fluids
somewhat if possible. You can also try getting some black or tart cherry juice extract as well to
add to the mix for help with flushing out his kidneys.
You could consider decreasing his insect some, or decreasing his dubias, since they are pretty
high naturally, in uric acid, moreso than other feeders.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom