HELP vein sticking out of nail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiant

I need help with my bearded dragon, the vein is sticking out of one of her nails. We don't exactly know how she got this way, all we know is that my sister had her with her all day and she said she just noticed her nail was like this. It isn't bleeding and she doesn't seem to be in too much pain, it looks the vein just slipped out of the nail. Can anybody help me with this?

20210101_231524.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a bit odd, poor girl!
I don't think it is the vein, but, it is part of the nail bed or cuticle area. It has not bled any
thus far?
Do you have any raw, unpasteurized honey you could put on it to help keep it from getting
infected? You could also get a piece of gauge & wrap it around it to support the skin in hopes
that it will heal up & reattach possibly. You could use a small piece of tape to wrap & secure
the gauge there, overnight so it will stay on. It probably wouldn't stay on during the day, but,
you could try.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Antiant

Original Poster
Drache613":3nbyagin said:
Hello,

That is a bit odd, poor girl!
I don't think it is the vein, but, it is part of the nail bed or cuticle area. It has not bled any
thus far?
Do you have any raw, unpasteurized honey you could put on it to help keep it from getting
infected? You could also get a piece of gauge & wrap it around it to support the skin in hopes
that it will heal up & reattach possibly. You could use a small piece of tape to wrap & secure
the gauge there, overnight so it will stay on. It probably wouldn't stay on during the day, but,
you could try.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

I was busy with cleaning the house with my family today so I couldn't check up on her so much. My father took my to the pet store to get vetracyn for her nail. When we got back I went to put it on her nail and saw that it came off completely. There's tiny bit of dried blood on the cuticle. What do I do now?
100752-6761694429.jpg

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I think it should be fine to just leave it be with a little antibiotic cream applied to it. As long as you keep her nails trimmed and her foot doesn’t get infected, she should be perfectly fine. Could she have gotten her nail stuck in a hammock to cause it to rip like that?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today, were you able to get raw honey or antibiotic ointment/cream on it
to help out? I think as long as it is kept clean, it shouldn't get infected.
Does it seem to be hurting her very much?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom