Help! Bearded dragon having seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkNick88

Original Poster
AHBD":2pkg37te said:
Does he drink when you soak him ? If so that's fine or you can add a wee bit of unpasteurized honey or the cherry extract to flavor some water to get him to drink it from syringe. And kitchen roll is good for an area of flooring or use a folded over thick wash cloth or towel that will be Mushu's.

Mushu does drink when he’s in the bath however he didn’t today.

We have give him a towel in his enclosure to sit on.

A little update from earlier:

We have noticed how puffy his beard is. He is also breathing with his mouth open and occasionally making this popping or bubbling noise in his throat. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this is a sign of a respiratory infection? Could that be the case?

On that note, it leaves me concerned of the humidity in his enclosure at the moment as Wales is quite a wet and humid place and I think maybe with his low immune system and the bad weather, I wonder if this could have brought this on? Is there anything we can do to control the humidity in his enclosure a bit better? If there is high humidity in there?
We have a humidity monitor which we check but if the humidity is higher than normal is there anything we can do to lower it?

My boyfriend also told me that he started having a seizure just after he fed him. He also vomited during the seizure. I wonder whether this happened because he choked on the slurry he gave him because his breathing is so bad? He hasn’t had a seizure since this morning so maybe I am speculating that this all could be linked.

We spoke to our vet today as she gave us a call as we left her an emergency message. At this point we didn’t notice the breathing issues but she mentioned she wouldn’t be in the clinic until Tuesday. We will try her again tomorrow to mention the breathing issues to see if there is something she can recommend for us to give him.

In the meantime, is there anything we could possibly give him to help him breath a little better? Usually he is asleep by the time his light goes off at 7pm but it’s now 11pm and he’s still awake struggling.

This all makes me so sad. Poor little baby. It’s so sad that these amazing little animals go through such awful times due to bad breeding and this horrible adenovirus.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, it's very likely that he aspirated some of the fluids during the feeding or when he vomited, poor guy. :( Nothing you can really do but be sure he's warm at night, around 78-82. Humidity rarely is the cause of a n R.I unless your temps. are way too low and the humidity is like tropical. Best wishes to Mushu + your family.

HulkNick88

Original Poster
AHBD":v56hj9bw said:
Yes, it's very likely that he aspirated some of the fluids during the feeding or when he vomited, poor guy. :( Nothing you can really do but be sure he's warm at night, around 78-82. Humidity rarely is the cause of a n R.I unless your temps. are way too low and the humidity is like tropical. Best wishes to Mushu + your family.

Mushu didn’t make it. He passed away. We are heartbroken. Thanks all for your help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so very sorry. :( This is so heartbreaking for you, I know Mushu was very much loved by you and you tried everything you could. No words can help but my heart goes out to you. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nick,

I was getting ready to respond to your PM & saw your update....I am so sorry about Mushu. :cry:
Wow, I was so hoping he was turning the corner & thought that he was. I am so sorry that you
lost him.
He was a very well loved beautiful boy.

My condolences to you & your family.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom