No food since 3 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not like he's rejecting it but theres a massive shortage of live feeders near me and i haven't been able to get them at all. Im worried he's going to die. He is almost a year old i think not sure honestly. I'm willing to try online if anyone has suggestions but the two that people suggest mullberry and dubiaroaches are all sold out and im at my wits end. I dont want him starving he is still eating his veggies just fine.

dmstevens

My dragon at about a year old did the same thing. She didn't eat for 7 days, and I brought her to the vet. I thought she was going to die too. She started eating actually the next day. It seems she wanted to sleep too. They can actually go a very long time without eating. I give mine drops of water via a syringe that you would use on kids for medicine. I add some drops of baby apple juice if she is being picky which she is very picky. This at least keeps her hydrated. She should begin to pick up on eating again. It will be very stressful for you though as it was myself. They have good fat stores on them. The vet told me that she was the healthiest lizard and perfect in every way which made me feel better. Hope this helps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go here and order some dubia roaches and super worms --- www.reptilianarts.com they are pretty fast to ship out they also have silk worms which are a great staple feeder -- you can get bulk which are small like 50 and get food they dont come w / food or if you get cupped they come w/ food --- what are you using for lighting UVB brand a bulb coil or tube ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them ? Is he acting like he wants to brumate sometimes lighting will mimic that behavior
Karrie

AnxiousBoio

Original Poster
Thank you for your replys i will try that site. like i said he isnt refusing food at all infact my mother actually managed to snag some larger mealworms (Not too big for him just bigger than the dinky ones) and he ate every one i tossed in. There is just a huge reptile live food shortage where i am at. There is no crickets, no hornworms, no superworms, no roaches, no anything. I will go ahead and try that website out that was recommended tysm for trying to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom