Is this yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
110087-2130200723.jpg
While we were hanging out with our beardie, Louie last night(he watches TV every night with me and my kiddo in my bed between us and falls asleep) I noticed he had one loose scale and one missing scale on his arm. Upon further inspection it looked a weird color so then I started to research online. Cue panic. I took a bunch of pictures of him. Some make him look yellow. We adopted him 10 months ago from a friend. He’s always had this yellowish coloring but now I’m panicked. We have an appt with our exotic vet tomorrow but any idea what this is? TIA
110087-670647617.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, a couple of loose scales are no problem and he definitely just has a natural yellow tinge. Many of the beardies I raised had yellow + orange, it's a very common color. Be aware that a trip to an " exotics " vet can end up in a wrong diagnosis, waste of money and at times serious harm to your dragon. If you're set on going, rule out Y.F altogether and don't allow any treatment if you don't have a diagnosis. Some vets will give a dewormer when there is no fecal test, that's a red flag right off the bat. Is there a particular reason for the vet visit or was it fear of fungus ?

Louiethebeardie83

Original Poster
AHBD":2lpeyfit said:
Hi there, a couple of loose scales are no problem and he definitely just has a natural yellow tinge. Many of the beardies I raised had yellow + orange, it's a very common color. Be aware that a trip to an " exotics " vet can end up in a wrong diagnosis, waste of money and at times serious harm to your dragon. If you're set on going, rule out Y.F altogether and don't allow any treatment if you don't have a diagnosis. Some vets will give a dewormer when there is no fecal test, that's a red flag right off the bat. Is there a particular reason for the vet visit or was it fear of fungus ?

Thank you for the response. The reason for the trip to the vet was for fear of the fungus. I was reading so much last night about how it could kill them if not treated I started to panic. I never thought I could actually love a reptile but I adore this little dude. My kids and husband complain that he’s the favorite and I can’t confirm or deny if they are correct ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes they can become very special pets, they have a lot of personality. :) It sounds like he's in a good home. So he positively does not have Y.F., you can cancel the appt. if you want.

Louiethebeardie83

Original Poster
AHBD":39nk22b4 said:
Yes they can become very special pets, they have a lot of personality. :) It sounds like he's in a good home. So he positively does not have Y.F., you can cancel the appt. if you want.
Thanks so much for your help! Pretty sure my blood pressure has dropped to normal levels after your response. Santa Louis wishes you Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year!
110087-2661575722.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh good, I will send you a bill for my services after the New Year. :lol:
Your little guy has one of those naturally sweet faces, his pics look like he's the friendliest little dragon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom