Pus in nose/wide of face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mz45326

Hello!
We adopted a bearded dragon about a year ago, who has many chronic health issues. His face has recently gone into shed, and when we woke up this morning, it looked like this. HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance. *he is alert and oriented, just in brumation.
110083-3473084094.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure what that is gonna have someone else take a look
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a pic of him straight on ? Is that area swollen or just discolored and is there actual pus ?

Mz45326

Original Poster
AHBD":2i5u6xgx said:
Can you post a pic of him straight on ? Is that area swollen or just discolored and is there actual pus ?
It isn’t ‘pus’, more like yellow crusty stuff. It is discolored, not swollen though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long has he been in sleepy mode and does he seem to have trouble breathing ? You can apply raw unpasteurized honey to that area, dilute it with 2 thirds lukewarm water. It looks like he rubbed it raw slightly. Raw honey is a great antimicrobial and works well on all injuries. If he continues to decline you might want to see a vet. BTW, what types of health problems has he had ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look relatively raw to me, as well. Definitely try some raw, unpasteurized honey for
that area to help in case there is infection. It does look crusty in that area though & it might
be a little sore also.
Has he had much of an appetite?
I agree, it might be a good idea to consider a vet visit especially if it doesn't appear to clear up.

Tracie

Mz45326

Original Poster
Drache613":584urot5 said:
Hello,

It does look relatively raw to me, as well. Definitely try some raw, unpasteurized honey for
that area to help in case there is infection. It does look crusty in that area though & it might
be a little sore also.
Has he had much of an appetite?
I agree, it might be a good idea to consider a vet visit especially if it doesn't appear to clear up.

Tracie

Yeah, he has been eating about as much as he normally dose, slightly less because he is in brumation. But if we offer him a cricket or a blueberry(his favorite) he definitely goes for it. Thank you!

Mz45326

Original Poster
AHBD":e3f0pgf1 said:
How long has he been in sleepy mode and does he seem to have trouble breathing ? You can apply raw unpasteurized honey to that area, dilute it with 2 thirds lukewarm water. It looks like he rubbed it raw slightly. Raw honey is a great antimicrobial and works well on all injuries. If he continues to decline you might want to see a vet. BTW, what types of health problems has he had ?
He’s been in sleepy mode about a week, and this happened 3 days ago. He dose not seem to be having trouble breathing, he occasionally has his mouth slightly open, but I don’t know if that’s from trouble breathing or because he’s basking. I will definitely try the honey! As for his health, when we adopted him, he has several burns on the bottom of his feet, witch are now wounds that have scabbed over, and re open when he sheds. He is missing the tip of his tail, and also has dental issues, and a hard time shedding. All of this was happening before we got him, but the poor guy was being listed for free on Craigs List, so we wanted to give him a good home(because of this we don’t know his previous history or age, so that could be a large contributing factor to his health and this.) Thank you so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, he had a rough start in life! It is difficult when you don't have the full picture of
his care before you got him.
It sounds like he is doing better & has good spirit!
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Mz45326

Original Poster
Drache613":2ps1f8cn said:
Hello,

Poor guy, he had a rough start in life! It is difficult when you don't have the full picture of
his care before you got him.
It sounds like he is doing better & has good spirit!
How is he doing today?

Tracie
Much, much better. We took him to the vet yesterday, and they gave him some anti inflammatory meds. They agreed that it looked like he just rubbed it raw. Thank you all for the help, it is much, much appreciated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear then! Is his little snout healing up I hope?
Which anti-inflammatory meds did he give you for him?
They are terrible about rubbing their snouts like that!
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Mz45326

Original Poster
Drache613":2ouf324a said:
Hello,

That is great news to hear then! Is his little snout healing up I hope?
Which anti-inflammatory meds did he give you for him?
They are terrible about rubbing their snouts like that!
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie
It is! They gave him Meloxicam/n(not sure which, they name is written over.) He is doing much better though, Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he is doing so much better!
The meloxicam is routinely used, for help with pain, swelling & inflammation for them.
I hope he is eating well, too. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom