white mark on skull, eye closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone
My 10month old rescued bearded dragon has a white stain on the left side of his skull for he last two weeks. I initially though it was the shedding process, however the stain remains the same size and he recently seems to close his left eye more often that the right one. He has been with us for three months and came with a 30 gallons tank and a double light lamp. Since the bulbs were flickering I got new ones from the reptile store next door; a 100 W repti basking spot lamp from and a reptisun 10.0 uvb.
The mark appeared shortly after the new bulbs were installed and I am wandering if beardy could have been burned. he does not seems to be getting away from the light and am not sure if he is in pain.
Please advise. he spend also a lot of time with us outside the cage, eat plenty and have access to grass in our pesticide free yard. we are crazy about this lil thing. tonight is 40F in Florida, I wrapped him up in my fancy cashmere scarf so he wont get cold and applied some manuka honey on the spot ;) Any advise appreciated.

isalovebeardy

Original Poster
Hi, Thanks for your concern and sorry for my late reply, the scar seems to be fading away after I applied the manuka honey but he still closes his eye. Also please note that he spends a lot of time outside of his cage with us in the house (or outside.)

AHBD":2pvj5lkb said:
Hi there, can you post some pics of the head and also of your entire set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them
[ximg]109604 5517626940[/ximg]
[ximg]109604 6085092546[/ximg]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful dragon and that's nice that he gets quality outside time. :) I can't tell what the white spot is from that pic because it's not close enough . Is it possibly shed ? Post a close up when you can.

isalovebeardy

Original Poster
Thank you. Yes he is beautiful and we love him so much! I probably panicked too early as beardy lost the white spot today by shedding it. The eye is also better, so we are good! Thanks so much for your concern.
I have another question though, do you know if beardies dream? He sometime jolts or move suddenly while sleeping. Or does this means something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom