3.5 year old beardie head cockeyed lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, we rescued our beardie a 2.5 years ago. He's been pretty stable and sometimes would go through slower periods, possibly close to brumation. He's been just hanging out in his hammock which is his basking area, not really eating.

This afternoon, we noticed his head was cockeyed and he seemed limp, but did grab my hand when I went to check him out.

3.5 to about 20 inch maybe hypo trans. He's got solid black eyes.

I called the reptile place we rescued him. They said to soak him and keep an eye on his eye which are currently clear. I tempted him with hornworm which is a very special treat for him but he didn't go for it.

Just trying to figure out if he needs a Christmas Eve emergency vet visit and what folks think is going on.

Re Temps. He has a basking light and a separate ceramic heater (we live in Massachusetts). His basking light fixture broke about a month ago and I replaced it with a slightly different shaped and diameter dome. I am wondering if basking and tank Temps too high.

Any ideas would be great!

Stewart978

Original Poster
Pretty sure it was zoo med repti basking spot. 75w. I keep my boxes so I can figure it out. But now I have kept too many boxes...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please tell me the bulb--- look on it and it will tell you T 8 or T 5--- this crucial for distance and placement-- I need to flag the post to Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your boy is having some trouble, it sounds neurological possibly. As Karrie suggested,
we do need the specs on your UVB lighting especially, because it sounds like he may have
some calcium issues going on.
Are you providing him with calcium a few times per week, too?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And where in the tank is it? Top of screen ? Inside the tank? If the screen is a fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom