Help, does this look like yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
109736-8297766843.jpg
I’ve visited this forum before with a yellow fungus scare and everyone was very helpful! It ended up being stained skin from when my beardie ate some pumpkin. She just shedded and the circled areas are far more concerning to me. The areas just showed up as far as I’m aware and the tail doesn’t seem to change pigment with the rest of her skin. The area in her leg (which I think looks the worst) does become less noticeable after she basks. I’m gonna start her on anti fungal cream until I can get her to the vet, but I’m wondering if my suspicion is correct. It doesn’t look crusty or necrotic at all, but I think it’s concerning nonetheless. Do you guys think this is yellow fungus? Her health is perfect besides these blemishes :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks strange to me, but not necessarily fungal. Take lots of photos so you can compare the areas and see if they are spreading or starting to look worse. The tail portion looks a bit like a slight burn. Maybe too close or too much time directly under the basking light. The part on top of the leg looks odd because of the dual colors, but could just be as simple as an odd shed spot. I wouldn't be alarmed yet, but certainly keep a close eye on both areas for changes.

carabellalulu

Original Poster
CooperDragon":355g7ppn said:
It looks strange to me, but not necessarily fungal. Take lots of photos so you can compare the areas and see if they are spreading or starting to look worse. The tail portion looks a bit like a slight burn. Maybe too close or too much time directly under the basking light. The part on top of the leg looks odd because of the dual colors, but could just be as simple as an odd shed spot. I wouldn't be alarmed yet, but certainly keep a close eye on both areas for changes.

Thanks so much! It’s possible she could’ve been burned because we just got a new bulb for her and i think her hammock had been up higher than usual. I’ll be sure to correct that and keep an eye on the spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom