Black spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Biscuit has a black spot on his left side. A while ago I posted a question about this and at the time someone replied that it may be a burn spot. I had accidentally broke his heat lamp and replaced it with a regular bulb for about an hour. I replaced it immediately and waited. He has not shed yet and the spot has not really grown. He eats, sleeps and potties and seems otherwise completely healthy. Not sure if it could be black fungus. If so what would be the best way to treat it? I just now also noticed a small black spot on his right side now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
107991-2713928721.jpg
107991-3927057884.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The red colored bulb is not good --- dragons have a 3rd eye for predators and are very sensitive to light-- colored bulbs scue their eye sight -- please replace w/ a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- it is hard to see what the color of the spot is w/ the red bulb I can see that it is there but we need better light please
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, csn you take a pic of your dragon out of the tank, the light has distorted the color. And it's true, red lights are not very good for reptiles, it's totally unnatural light. Too bad the stores push them + make money on such an unnecessary product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom