Aged dragon, Ill or Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dragon is at least 9 years old, he has stopped eating (weeks now) and has been otherwise ok, bathing and drinking, but in the last week he has become ill looking and today started drooling and gaping.
Any ideas?
Lights have been replaced a couple of months ago and I have already increased heat so I’m happy that’s ok.
Pic
110018-5230517737.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry but it looks like your boy is definitely sick. Nine years is getting up there but since this just came on [ gaping, drooling, blackbeard ] there is a problem. Was his temp. possibly too low before, you mentioned that you raised it. ? Is he coughing at all ? He needs to be seen by an experienced reptile vet, have bloodwork done [ post it here ] and possibly an xray done. Hopefully you can get Blaze someone to help him. BTW, are you in the U.K, your enclosure looks like the ones I've seen that the owners in the U.K use.

Blazethebeardy

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it is academic as he passed away a little over an hour ago. He went downhill over the last week so at least didn’t suffer for a prolonged period. His enclosure is indeed British. We are in northern Scotland and adopted him 6 years ago (my kids corrected me) when he was at least 4, so 10+ was a pretty good age, and he was great dragon, super calm and friendly. We shall miss his smiling face.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm truly sorry that he passed. Sounds like you gave him a good life and I'm sure this is a very sad time for you. Please accept my heartfelt condolences , to you and your family. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful picture , doing what beardies love to do [ getting by the keyboard ] :) He looks very much like my boy Buddy who is 9 .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome, take care friend. Maybe in the future you'll get another. They can't take the place of a beloved pet but at some point might add another happy creature to the family.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am so sorry to hear that your boy passed away, & just here during the holidays.
He was a great looking dragon!
So sorry for your loss. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom