beardie isnt brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Some dragons unknown reasons, don't tend to go into brumation. Things may change in the
future & he/she may decide to brumate. It seems to be different for them all, as they are all
unique.
Maybe he is afraid he will miss something....
So I don't think anything is wrong, if he is apparently healthy.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've been keeping captive bred centrals for about 8 years, not one of them has gone down into full blown brumation over even a short period .

Everyone is up and basking everyday over winter , and interested in food and play time ( on the floor & customary daddy & mommy quality time ) , they all seem to want to retire earlier each day in the colder months but that's the extent of it.

Same applies to the bluetongues and water skinks.

Wild lizards who live outside , yep they disappear for a few weeks. BUT wild lizards who live in the house , they remain active.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The facts are that some [ many ] captive beardies brumate and some don't. Every one of mine has done so for the 25 + years that I've owned them. Some will , some won't, but it is very common in captive beardies. Here's my boy, soon to be 9 years old, that has brumated every year and just woke up from an almost 4 month sleep. No food, water, or other activity. Perfectly normal but not all beardies will do so as Drache613 mentioned so there's nothing to worry about.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29907/full

trinsanidiot

Original Poster
thank you everyone, i kinda figured since he was an indoor lizard he would do much but it was still a worry in the back of my head and i tried doing research but nothing really came up. thanks again for making my anxiety go away :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is interesting though, as they really are all individuals & do tend to have different personalities
& behaviors.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom