HELP! BLACK MARK ON MY BEARDIES HEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had him for 3 days and I just noticed it today ... he has all his energy and is eating and drinking regularly he has pooped twice i just need to know if this is serious im worried

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that is probably from a bite that has healed but then sheds differently than the rest of the body. When beardies have a healed wound it almost always sheds differently but is generally no problem. Did you notice it looking like this when you got him ? You can put a wee bit of watered down raw honey but make sure there are no loose bugs anywhere hiding in the tank, they would go after that spot.

Lilnique432

Original Poster
Okay thank you so much! I gave him a warm bath last night ill get some honey today and I ALWAYS make sure there's no loose crickets or anything in his terrarium I did some research before I got him so I made sure I would be able to care for him correctly ? and no I didn't notice it when I first got him honestly...but I don't know ... it could've been there nd I just didn't pay attention to it?...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, sometimes they have a small wound and it sheds differently, that's what it usually is. Other possibilities are some type of dirt or a small patch of fungus but using honey should help . Every other day give a short, warm bath and gently rub that spot with a wadded paper towel to se if it's something that can come off that way. Then apply fresh honey afterwards if the spot is still there.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it does look like a bite that is healing over. It is a good sign though, that he still
has an appetite though.
The raw honey should help out with everything & expedite the healing of his head. It will
eventually shed & hopefully the skin will go back to normal.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good, you really don't have to put anything on it since it's just a scar. Can you post a new picture ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great the head is looking better! The cream sounds like it is helping the healing
process out. The scab should eventually slough off. How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Lilnique432

Original Poster
Sorry everyone he won't let me take a picture he runs off every time I try but im gonna try nd get one today .....his appetite is the same he's still a hungry boy? but merry Christmas everyone ill keep yall updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom