Swallowed a small rubber band! NEED HELP ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Just a few minutes ago Phoenix was running around with me watching her and she had noticed a small rubber band on the floor that apparently I didn’t notice, and she immediately ate it. I noticed her chewing and making a weird noise when I noticed the band in her mouth and picked her up to try and quickly pull it out before she could swallow, but unfortunately it didn’t work and I just ended up getting bit.

I’m slightly freaking out, I got a library card and tried to pry open her mouth gently to look in and see the band but it was hard to do as she just flipped around and hissed at me. And I can’t really feel it in her beard.

I have zero clue what to do, I need help. Do we need to bring her to the vet??? Does the vet need to surgically remove it or do you think she could just pass it through? It was no bigger than a nickel in diameter.

I’d love to take her to the vet, but I do not know if I could, as my family is currently down with the ‘rona and can’t go anywhere at all. So what could we do??

I’m really worried, she seems to be acting normally but I don’t want my baby Phoenix to get hurt internally. :cry: I would greatly appreciate ANY help at all!!

This is her, taken a few minutes before she ate it. :(
View media item 61127

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Absolutely no problem at all, don't worry about it!

I promise you she's eaten bigger bugs than that.. haha.

It will pass right through her.

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Oh thank heavens, I figured that but I was really worried thinking it would get lodged or wrapped around in her intestines or something.

Thank you so much, I was really worried there for a second. I’ll still keep a close eye on her and monitor her poops for the next few days.

I’ll keep you posted.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, just feed her as usual but not TOO much and not large insects. The food will encompass the rubber band + should help move it right through.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alright, will do. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom