Strange Elimination, Parasites or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcapriotti7

Today my beardie made a very strangepoop, I'm wondering if it's possibly parasites or hypervitaminosis. It is orange and very mucousy almost like gelatin except for on the end which looks normal.
105864-5734549193.jpg
He typically eats leafy greens and vegetables except twice a week when he gets BSFL dusted with D3 and Calcium. This week I ran out of BSFL and the order was delayed so I got him some waxworms as a treat in their place and he ate a lot of them(35). He has no change in behavior or appearance with no black beard or stress marks, he also gets .1ml/50g weight (415g rounded down to 400) of a flukers liquid reptile multivitamin twice weekly as directed on the packaging(of more information is needed for the contents of the supplement I will provide it). His ambient air temperature in the hot side is 95°F, basking spot surface temperature is 105°F, cool side ambient air temperature is 80°F. He has a reptisun 10.0 T5HO UV bulb inside of the tank about 10 inches from his decor. He does have access to a water bowl and could be overhydrated. Substrate is large flat stone and slate tile with small amounts of coconut fiber between them as a cushion(I know this is bad but I didn't want him to squish his toes on the rocks). The tank is glass and 125G. His length is 22in nose to tail. I have never seen a poop like this before and am just concerned for his health. Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's not necessarily a problem but might just be from so many waxworms at once. How long ago did he do the waxworm binge ? They aren't really a great feeder insect but beardies find them irresistible so we owners seem to love indulging them. BTW, I like the pasta themed pet names. :)

Gcapriotti7

Original Poster
It was 2 days ago. Thank you for responding so quickly. And yes the pasta names were my Dekay's brownsnakes plus nugget because I couldn't think of another pasta. Sadly a lot of them were stillborn:(
AHBD":1fe4agxb said:
Hi there, it's not necessarily a problem but might just be from so many waxworms at once. How long ago did he do the waxworm binge ? They aren't really a great feeder insect but beardies find them irresistible so we owners seem to love indulging them. BTW, I like the pasta themed pet names. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom